VLC for Android is an Apk android app that was developed by Videolabs. It belongs to the Video Players & Editors genre. The latest version of is version Varies with device and the it requires VARY to run it. If your Firestick runs on a higher android version than this, you have nothing to worry about.
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Storage" to read your all media files on SD cards :)
• "Other" to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs "draw over other apps" to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs "control vibration" to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs "run at startup" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs "microphone" to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.
1. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
2. VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
3. VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
4. • It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
5. VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
6. • It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
7. • It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
Option A: Install VLC Directly on Your Fire Stick
- VLC Fire Stick app can be found by going to the Apps section on the home screen » Scroll through the available apps, » Select Get when you find "VLC for Android" (the one you want).
NB: The apps you'll find here are listed under different categories, which makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- How to Download VLC Using the Search Function:
- Launch your Fire Stick and select the search (magnifying glass) icon from the top menu. You can find this in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type "VLC" in the search bar. You will be shown some suggestions. Select "VLC for Android" from the list.
- Click on "Get" or "Download" (You will see the Download button only if you have downloaded VLC in the past.).
- Wait for the download to finish and select Open to launch the VLC app.
Option B: Sideload VLC app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Amazon's Fire TV devices run a heavily modified version of Android, which means you can install some Android apps on them. While the built-in Amazon Appstore has a wide selection of apps and games, you can also install software that is not available through the official store if you have the APK file.
Note also that Fire TV devices are not fully compatible with all Android apps - many games and apps are designed for a touchscreen and not a physical remote.
- From your device's home screen, hover over the "Find" option. Click on "Search." Search for "Downloader". Select the Downloader app. Click on "Download".
- Once Downloader is installed, go back to your device's home screen and open Settings » My Fire TV » Developer Options » Install Unknown Apps. You'll see the Downloader app. Click on it. This will set "Unknown Sources" to "On" for the Downloader app, which will enable side-loading on your device..
- Now open the Downloader app. A popup will appear asking if Downloader is allowed to access the files on your device. Click on "Allow".
- A popup called "Quick Start Guide" will now appear. Click 'Ok".
- You will now see a URL field. Place your cursor in the URL field and click the OK button on your remote control to open the keyboard.
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here -
https://7techgirl.com/cid/9506 and click "Go"
- VLC for Android apk file will start downloading. Wait until the file download is finished.
- After VLC is downloaded, click "Install" on the next popup. Your VLC for Android APK will now be installed.
- After the download, you may be prompted to remove the installation file and free up space on your device. Click "Delete" to delete the file. You are now done.
- The installed VLC for Android app is now located under - Apps & Channels » See All.
Urgent Information for FireStick Users:
Are you aware that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) can snoop on your web browsing online activities and sell your personal data to 3rd-parties like advertisers and government agencies?
A good VPN will save you from all these issues / threats and ExpressVPN is the most popular VPN service amongst Firestick users. We strongly recommend you use Express VPN before you start streaming on your firestick device. This VPN comes with a solid "30-day money-back guarantee" and can also be used on all your devices - PC, Mac, Android or iPhone.
When connected to an ExpressVPN server, your network becomes encrypted and secure, and your privacy on the web is protected. It also replaces your real IP address with a secret one, letting you bypass location-based restrictions on streaming services and websites.
CLICK HERE to Get ExpressVPN and protect yourself »