What is Ombi?
❤ What we love about Ombi!
Ombi is an Apk android app that was developed by TidusJar. It belongs to the Entertainment genre. The latest version of is version 2.7.0 and the it requires 5.0 to run it. If your Firestick runs on a higher android version than this, you have nothing to worry about.
Please note: Ombi requires you to already have an Ombi account on a Ombi server running version v4.0.13XX or later!
Ombi is a self-hosted web application that automatically gives your shared Plex, Emby or Jellyfin users the ability to request content by themselves! Ombi can be linked to multiple TV Show and Movie DVR tools to create a seamless end-to-end experience for your users.
To use the app, log into Ombi and Click your profile Icon and under the Mobile Tab, scan the QR code!
Please note that this will be evolving over time, so the current look and feel will change with updates, more and more functionality will be added.
1. Ombi is a self-hosted web application that automatically gives your shared Plex, Emby or Jellyfin users the ability to request content by themselves! Ombi can be linked to multiple TV Show and Movie DVR tools to create a seamless end-to-end experience for your users.
How To Install Ombi on Firestick/Fire TV
Option A: Install Ombi Directly on Your Fire Stick
- Ombi Fire Stick app can be found by going to the Apps section on the home screen » Scroll through the available apps, » Select Get when you find "Ombi" (the one you want).
NB: The apps you'll find here are listed under different categories, which makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- How to Download Ombi Using the Search Function:
- Launch your Fire Stick and select the search (magnifying glass) icon from the top menu. You can find this in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type "Ombi" in the search bar. You will be shown some suggestions. Select "Ombi" from the list.
- Click on "Get" or "Download" (You will see the Download button only if you have downloaded Ombi in the past.).
- Wait for the download to finish and select Open to launch the Ombi app.
Option B: Sideload Ombi app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Amazon's Fire TV devices run a heavily modified version of Android, which means you can install some Android apps on them. While the built-in Amazon Appstore has a wide selection of apps and games, you can also install software that is not available through the official store if you have the APK file.
Note also that Fire TV devices are not fully compatible with all Android apps - many games and apps are designed for a touchscreen and not a physical remote.
- From your device's home screen, hover over the "Find" option. Click on "Search." Search for "Downloader". Select the Downloader app. Click on "Download".
- Once Downloader is installed, go back to your device's home screen and open Settings » My Fire TV » Developer Options » Install Unknown Apps. You'll see the Downloader app. Click on it. This will set "Unknown Sources" to "On" for the Downloader app, which will enable side-loading on your device..
- Now open the Downloader app. A popup will appear asking if Downloader is allowed to access the files on your device. Click on "Allow".
- A popup called "Quick Start Guide" will now appear. Click 'Ok".
- You will now see a URL field. Place your cursor in the URL field and click the OK button on your remote control to open the keyboard.
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here -
https://7techgirl.com/cid/822076 and click "Go"
- Ombi apk file will start downloading. Wait until the file download is finished.
- After Ombi is downloaded, click "Install" on the next popup. Your Ombi APK will now be installed.
- After the download, you may be prompted to remove the installation file and free up space on your device. Click "Delete" to delete the file. You are now done.
- The installed Ombi app is now located under - Apps & Channels » See All.
Urgent Information for FireStick Users:
Are you aware that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) can snoop on your web browsing online activities and sell your personal data to 3rd-parties like advertisers and government agencies?
A good VPN will save you from all these issues / threats and ExpressVPN is the most popular VPN service amongst Firestick users. We strongly recommend you use Express VPN before you start streaming on your firestick device. This VPN comes with a solid "30-day money-back guarantee" and can also be used on all your devices - PC, Mac, Android or iPhone.
When connected to an ExpressVPN server, your network becomes encrypted and secure, and your privacy on the web is protected. It also replaces your real IP address with a secret one, letting you bypass location-based restrictions on streaming services and websites.
CLICK HERE to Get ExpressVPN and protect yourself »