❤ What we love about DS video!
1. And if you have plugged in a DTV dongle to your DiskStation, you will also be able to record TV programs, as well as view the TV program to manage the recording schedule even when on the move.
2. Browsing is made easy as your videos are sorted in different libraries, and each movies has its information retrieved online automatically.
How To Install DS video on Firestick/Fire TV
Option A: Install DS video Directly on Your Fire Stick
- DS video Fire Stick app can be found by going to the Apps section on the home screen » Scroll through the available apps, » Select Get when you find "DS video" (the one you want).
NB: The apps you'll find here are listed under different categories, which makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- How to Download DS video Using the Search Function:
- Launch your Fire Stick and select the search (magnifying glass) icon from the top menu. You can find this in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type "DS video" in the search bar. You will be shown some suggestions. Select "DS video" from the list.
- Click on "Get" or "Download" (You will see the Download button only if you have downloaded DS video in the past.).
- Wait for the download to finish and select Open to launch the DS video app.
Option B: Sideload DS video app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Amazon's Fire TV devices run a heavily modified version of Android, which means you can install some Android apps on them. While the built-in Amazon Appstore has a wide selection of apps and games, you can also install software that is not available through the official store if you have the APK file.
Note also that Fire TV devices are not fully compatible with all Android apps - many games and apps are designed for a touchscreen and not a physical remote.
- From your device's home screen, hover over the "Find" option. Click on "Search." Search for "Downloader". Select the Downloader app. Click on "Download".
- Once Downloader is installed, go back to your device's home screen and open Settings » My Fire TV » Developer Options » Install Unknown Apps. You'll see the Downloader app. Click on it. This will set "Unknown Sources" to "On" for the Downloader app, which will enable side-loading on your device..
- Now open the Downloader app. A popup will appear asking if Downloader is allowed to access the files on your device. Click on "Allow".
- A popup called "Quick Start Guide" will now appear. Click 'Ok".
- You will now see a URL field. Place your cursor in the URL field and click the OK button on your remote control to open the keyboard.
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here -
https://7techgirl.com/cid/3228 and click "Go"
- DS video apk file will start downloading. Wait until the file download is finished.
- After DS video is downloaded, click "Install" on the next popup. Your DS video APK will now be installed.
- After the download, you may be prompted to remove the installation file and free up space on your device. Click "Delete" to delete the file. You are now done.
- The installed DS video app is now located under - Apps & Channels » See All.
The app description of DS video
DS video is an Apk android app that was developed by Synology Inc.. It belongs to the Video Players & Editors genre. The latest version of is version 3.4.3 and the it requires Android 4.4+ to run it. If your Firestick runs on a higher android version than this, you have nothing to worry about.
*You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and be running DSM 5.2 and Video Station 1.5 on your Synology NAS to get the complete list of features*
Use DS video to stream your video collection on your DiskStation to your Android device. Browsing is made easy as your videos are sorted in different libraries, and each movies has its information retrieved online automatically. And if you have plugged in a DTV dongle to your DiskStation, you will also be able to record TV programs, as well as view the TV program to manage the recording schedule even when on the move.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > NAS > DSM 5.2 > Apps > Mobile Apps > Software Specs