1. is a beautiful screen recording app, providing untethered, flexible and fully configurable screen recording capabilities for your Android device; neatly packaged into an intuitive user interface.
Option A: Install Rec. (Screen Recorder) Directly on Your Fire Stick
- Rec. (Screen Recorder) Fire Stick app can be found by going to the Apps section on the home screen » Scroll through the available apps, » Select Get when you find "Rec. (Screen Recorder)" (the one you want).
NB: The apps you'll find here are listed under different categories, which makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- How to Download Rec. (Screen Recorder) Using the Search Function:
- Launch your Fire Stick and select the search (magnifying glass) icon from the top menu. You can find this in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type "Rec. (Screen Recorder)" in the search bar. You will be shown some suggestions. Select "Rec. (Screen Recorder)" from the list.
- Click on "Get" or "Download" (You will see the Download button only if you have downloaded Rec. (Screen Recorder) in the past.).
- Wait for the download to finish and select Open to launch the Rec. (Screen Recorder) app.
Option B: Sideload Rec. (Screen Recorder) app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Amazon's Fire TV devices run a heavily modified version of Android, which means you can install some Android apps on them. While the built-in Amazon Appstore has a wide selection of apps and games, you can also install software that is not available through the official store if you have the APK file.
Note also that Fire TV devices are not fully compatible with all Android apps - many games and apps are designed for a touchscreen and not a physical remote.
- From your device's home screen, hover over the "Find" option. Click on "Search." Search for "Downloader". Select the Downloader app. Click on "Download".
- Once Downloader is installed, go back to your device's home screen and open Settings » My Fire TV » Developer Options » Install Unknown Apps. You'll see the Downloader app. Click on it. This will set "Unknown Sources" to "On" for the Downloader app, which will enable side-loading on your device..
- Now open the Downloader app. A popup will appear asking if Downloader is allowed to access the files on your device. Click on "Allow".
- A popup called "Quick Start Guide" will now appear. Click 'Ok".
- You will now see a URL field. Place your cursor in the URL field and click the OK button on your remote control to open the keyboard.
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here -
https://7techgirl.com/cid/337301 and click "Go"
- Rec. (Screen Recorder) apk file will start downloading. Wait until the file download is finished.
- After Rec. (Screen Recorder) is downloaded, click "Install" on the next popup. Your Rec. (Screen Recorder) APK will now be installed.
- After the download, you may be prompted to remove the installation file and free up space on your device. Click "Delete" to delete the file. You are now done.
- The installed Rec. (Screen Recorder) app is now located under - Apps & Channels » See All.
Rec. (Screen Recorder) is an Apk android app that was developed by SPECTRL. It belongs to the Video Players & Editors genre. The latest version of is version 1.8.6 and the it requires 4.4 to run it. If your Firestick runs on a higher android version than this, you have nothing to worry about.
*** ROOT REQUIRED (for Android 4.4 only) ***
If your device is running Android 4.4, Rec. requires your device to be rooted in order to do its magic.
Rec. will work seamlessly, without root, on Android 5.0+ however.
Please read the FAQs below for more important information.
Rec. is a beautiful screen recording app, providing untethered, flexible and fully configurable screen recording capabilities for your Android device; neatly packaged into an intuitive user interface.
Rec. (Pro) highlights include:
▪ No need to be tied to your computer while recording.
▪ Longer screen recording, with Audio – record for up to 1 hour.
▪ Audio recording via the mic.
▪ A beautiful user interface – no more messing with the command line/terminal.
▪ Save your favourite configurations as Presets.
▪ Automatically show screen touches for the duration of your recording.
▪ Customisable countdown timer so that you can get your screen recording set-up perfectly.
▪ Shake your device, or simply switch your screen off, to stop your recording early.
* Why can't I install Rec. on my device?
Your phone/tablet must be running Android 4.4 or above.
* Why do I need root?
If you are on Android 5.0, or above, then you no longer need root and can ignore this question (and the next one)!
However, if you are running Android 4.4, then your device must be rooted in order for Rec. to function correctly/at all.
* How do I root my device?
Unfortunately the process differs for every Android device, and so there is no universal rooting solution - however CF-Auto-Root is a good place to start. Otherwise, please search for a root guide for your particular device using Google.
* Can Rec. record audio?
Yes! Audio is recorded via the mic.
* Why is the recording laggy and slow on my Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/Note/...?
This seems to be an issue with Exynos-based devices not playing nicely with the native screenrecord function, so there's not a lot I can do about it right now (I also don't have access to any Samsung devices). Sorry!
* Does Rec. work with Intel x86 based devices?
It should work fine for devices running Android 5.0+, but probably not for devices running Android 4.4. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any x86 devices to test on, but if you do try it, please let me know how you get on.
* Are there any other known issues?
Enabling the Audio option may cause the recording to fail on the LG G2 (on Android 4.4 only). I will attempt to resolve this as soon as I have access to an LG G2 device to test with.
* Can you add translations for my language?
Go here: https://www.getlocalization.com/rec/
1. Disable notifications in your Superuser app to prevent the notifications from appearing in the beginning of your recordings.
2. Switch the Size width/height values to flip the recording orientation.
3. Tap the Size label to get your device's native resolution.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time or resources to test the app on every device/ROM combinations, so your mileage may vary.