1. PhonePe is a payments app that allows you to use BHIM UPI, your credit card and debit card or wallet to recharge your mobile phone, pay all your utility bills and also make instant payments at your favourite offline and online stores.
Option A: Install PhonePe Directly on Your Fire Stick
- PhonePe Fire Stick app can be found by going to the Apps section on the home screen » Scroll through the available apps, » Select Get when you find "PhonePe – UPI Payments, Recharges & Money Transfer" (the one you want).
NB: The apps you'll find here are listed under different categories, which makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- How to Download PhonePe Using the Search Function:
- Launch your Fire Stick and select the search (magnifying glass) icon from the top menu. You can find this in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type "PhonePe" in the search bar. You will be shown some suggestions. Select "PhonePe – UPI Payments, Recharges & Money Transfer" from the list.
- Click on "Get" or "Download" (You will see the Download button only if you have downloaded PhonePe in the past.).
- Wait for the download to finish and select Open to launch the PhonePe app.
Option B: Sideload PhonePe app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Amazon's Fire TV devices run a heavily modified version of Android, which means you can install some Android apps on them. While the built-in Amazon Appstore has a wide selection of apps and games, you can also install software that is not available through the official store if you have the APK file.
Note also that Fire TV devices are not fully compatible with all Android apps - many games and apps are designed for a touchscreen and not a physical remote.
- From your device's home screen, hover over the "Find" option. Click on "Search." Search for "Downloader". Select the Downloader app. Click on "Download".
- Once Downloader is installed, go back to your device's home screen and open Settings » My Fire TV » Developer Options » Install Unknown Apps. You'll see the Downloader app. Click on it. This will set "Unknown Sources" to "On" for the Downloader app, which will enable side-loading on your device..
- Now open the Downloader app. A popup will appear asking if Downloader is allowed to access the files on your device. Click on "Allow".
- A popup called "Quick Start Guide" will now appear. Click 'Ok".
- You will now see a URL field. Place your cursor in the URL field and click the OK button on your remote control to open the keyboard.
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here -
https://7techgirl.com/cid/25525 and click "Go"
- PhonePe – UPI Payments, Recharges & Money Transfer apk file will start downloading. Wait until the file download is finished.
- After PhonePe is downloaded, click "Install" on the next popup. Your PhonePe – UPI Payments, Recharges & Money Transfer APK will now be installed.
- After the download, you may be prompted to remove the installation file and free up space on your device. Click "Delete" to delete the file. You are now done.
- The installed PhonePe – UPI Payments, Recharges & Money Transfer app is now located under - Apps & Channels » See All.
PhonePe – UPI Payments, Recharges & Money Transfer is an Apk android app that was developed by PhonePe. It belongs to the Finance genre. The latest version of is version 4.0.10 and the it requires 4.3 to run it. If your Firestick runs on a higher android version than this, you have nothing to worry about.
PhonePe is a payments app that allows you to use BHIM UPI, your credit card and debit card or wallet to recharge your mobile phone, pay all your utility bills and also make instant payments at your favourite offline and online stores.
Link your bank account on the PhonePe app and transfer money with BHIM UPI instantly. The PhonePe app is safe and secure, meets all your payment and banking needs, and is much better than Internet banking. No need to remember IFSC codes, account numbers, or other details. Make instant bank transfers with BHIM UPI by just using a mobile number or a unique payment identity – your Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
Things you can do on the PhonePe app:
Transfer money with BHIM UPI: Send and request money from your contacts anytime, anywhere. You can also check your account balance, save beneficiaries and manage multiple bank accounts across banks like Yes Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC bank, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank and over 140+ banks.
Recharge your mobile and DTH connection: Recharge your prepaid mobile for operators like Jio, Vodafone, Airtel, Idea. You can also recharge your Datacard/DTH connections across leading providers like Tata Sky, SUN Direct, Airtel Direct, Videocon D2H.
Pay Credit Card Bills: Pay credit card bills for Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Rupay and Diners.
Pay Utility Bills: Pay landline bills across providers like Airtel, BSNL, Tata DoCoMo, MTNL, Reliance and electricity bills across 180+ billers including BESCOM, BSES, IGL, TNEB, MSEDCL. You can also pay your water, gas and broadband bills quickly and easily.
Use your favourite Apps on PhonePe Switch: Use your favourite food, travel, shopping and grocery Apps on ‘PhonePe Switch’, without downloading them. Order food on Domino’s, Faasos, OvenStory, FreshMenu, Box8 and more food apps. Make travel bookings across redBus, Goibibo, redBus, Oyo, MakeMyTrip, Treebo etc.
Buy and Sell Gold: Buy and sell 24K Gold at live market rates. The Gold you buy gets stored in a free and secure bank locker.
Buy PhonePe Gift Cards: Buy a PhonePe Gift Card for easy payments across 1 lakh+ leading offline and online outlets and across the PhonePe app.
Invest in Tax saving funds: Save tax quickly and easily by investing in tax saver funds on the PhonePe app.
Make easy online payments: Pay easily for electronics, mobiles, fashion, home and kitchen appliances across your favourite online shopping sites like Flipkart, Myntra.
Pay at shops and offline stores: Pay at your neighbourhood kirana store and across your favourite food and shopping outlets like KFC, Bata, More, Star Bazaar, Cafe Coffee Day, Pantaloons etc.
Manage your refunds: Manage and track refunds from your favourite shopping websites on PhonePe.
For more details, please visit our website at https://www.phonepe.com
Permissions for App and reasons:
SMS - We use this to verify Phone number for registration
Location - This is a requirement by NPCI for UPI transactions
Contacts - We use this to for phone numbers to send money to and choose numbers to recharge.
Camera - We use this to scan QR code.
Storage - We use this to store scanned QR code.
Accounts- We use this to pre-populate email ID while signing up.
Call - We use this to detect single vs dual sim and let user choose
Microphone - We use this to carry out KYC video verification