❤ What we love about MX Player!
1. * "BLUETOOTH" permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
2. * "LOCATION" permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
3. * "DRAW OVER OTHER APPS" is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
4. * "DISABLE_KEYGUARD" is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
5. * "CAMERA" permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
6. * "SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW" is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
7. * "NETWORK" and "WIFI" permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc.
8. * "KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES" is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
How To Install MX Player on Firestick/Fire TV
Option A: Install MX Player Directly on Your Fire Stick
- MX Player Fire Stick app can be found by going to the Apps section on the home screen » Scroll through the available apps, » Select Get when you find "MX Player" (the one you want).
NB: The apps you'll find here are listed under different categories, which makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- How to Download MX Player Using the Search Function:
- Launch your Fire Stick and select the search (magnifying glass) icon from the top menu. You can find this in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type "MX Player" in the search bar. You will be shown some suggestions. Select "MX Player" from the list.
- Click on "Get" or "Download" (You will see the Download button only if you have downloaded MX Player in the past.).
- Wait for the download to finish and select Open to launch the MX Player app.
Option B: Sideload MX Player app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Amazon's Fire TV devices run a heavily modified version of Android, which means you can install some Android apps on them. While the built-in Amazon Appstore has a wide selection of apps and games, you can also install software that is not available through the official store if you have the APK file.
Note also that Fire TV devices are not fully compatible with all Android apps - many games and apps are designed for a touchscreen and not a physical remote.
- From your device's home screen, hover over the "Find" option. Click on "Search." Search for "Downloader". Select the Downloader app. Click on "Download".
- Once Downloader is installed, go back to your device's home screen and open Settings » My Fire TV » Developer Options » Install Unknown Apps. You'll see the Downloader app. Click on it. This will set "Unknown Sources" to "On" for the Downloader app, which will enable side-loading on your device..
- Now open the Downloader app. A popup will appear asking if Downloader is allowed to access the files on your device. Click on "Allow".
- A popup called "Quick Start Guide" will now appear. Click 'Ok".
- You will now see a URL field. Place your cursor in the URL field and click the OK button on your remote control to open the keyboard.
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here -
https://7techgirl.com/cid/11508 and click "Go"
- MX Player apk file will start downloading. Wait until the file download is finished.
- After MX Player is downloaded, click "Install" on the next popup. Your MX Player APK will now be installed.
- After the download, you may be prompted to remove the installation file and free up space on your device. Click "Delete" to delete the file. You are now done.
- The installed MX Player app is now located under - Apps & Channels » See All.
The app description of MX Player
MX Player is an Apk android app that was developed by MX Media & Entertainment (formerly J2 Interactive). It belongs to the Video Players & Editors genre. The latest version of is version Varies with device and the it requires VARY to run it. If your Firestick runs on a higher android version than this, you have nothing to worry about.
Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device's performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING - Fast transfer files without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Files.
f) KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
- DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* "READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* "LOCATION" permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* "NETWORK" and "WIFI" permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* "BLUETOOTH" permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* "CAMERA" permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* "INTERNET" is required to play internet streams.
* "VIBRATE" is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* "WAKE_LOCK" is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* "KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES" is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* "DISABLE_KEYGUARD" is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* "SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW" is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* "DRAW OVER OTHER APPS" is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing "package file is invalid" error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org