1. That’s why Swipe is your answer - with a robust day/night theming engine, Messages access built-in (Chat Heads included), customizable widget for your notifications and messages, as well as an ad blocker to filter out the noise, you’ll find lots to love.
2. 😉Why sacrifice your privacy or an awesome user experience when you can have both? Meet Swipe, the best Facebook alternative - lightweight, highly customizable, and battery friendly, with a strict “no tracking” policy to ensure your privacy is secured.
Option A: Install Swipe for Facebook Directly on Your Fire Stick
- Popular Fire Stick apps, can be found by going to the Apps section on the home screen. Then scroll through the available apps, and select Get when you find "Swipe for Facebook" (the one you want).The apps you'll find here are listed under different categories, which makes it easier to find what you're looking for.
- How to Download Apps Using the Search Function:
- Launch your Fire Stick and select the search (magnifying glass) icon from the top menu. You can find this in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Type "Swipe for Facebook" in the search bar. You will be shown some suggestions. Select "Swipe for Facebook" from the list.
- Click on "Get" or "Download" (You will see the Download button if you have downloaded Swipe for Facebook in the past. You will see the Get button if you have never downloaded Swipe for Facebook before).
- Wait for the download to finish and select Open to launch it.
Option B: Sideload Swipe for Facebook app on your Amazon FireStick / Fire TV
Amazon's Fire TV devices run a heavily modified version of Android, which means you can install some Android apps on them. While the built-in Amazon Appstore has a wide selection of apps and games, you can also install software that is not available through the official store if you have the APK file.
Note that Fire TV devices are not fully compatible with all Android apps - many games and apps are designed for a touchscreen and not a physical remote.
- From your device's home screen, hover over the "Find" option. Click on "Search." Search for "Downloader". Select the Downloader app. Click on "Download".
- When Downloader is installed, go back to your device's home screen and open Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install Unknown Apps. You'll see the Downloader app. Click on it. This will set "Unknown Sources" to "On" for the Downloader app, which will enable side-loading on your device..
- Now open the Downloader app. A popup will appear asking if Downloader is allowed to access the files on your device. Click on "Allow".
- A popup called "Quick Start Guide" will now appear. Click 'Ok".
- You will now see a URL field. Place your cursor in the URL field and click the OK button on your remote control to open the keyboard.
- Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here -
https://7techgirl.com/cid/87917 and click "Go"
- Swipe for Facebook apk file will start downloading. Wait until the file download is finished.
- After Swipe for Facebook is downloaded, click Install on the next popup. Your Swipe for Facebook APK will now be installed.
- After the download, you may be prompted to remove the installation file and free up space on your device. Click "Delete" to delete the file. You are now done.
- The installed Swipe for Facebook app is now located under - Apps & Channels > See All.
Swipe for Facebook is an Apk android app that was developed by Happening Studios. It belongs to the Social genre. The latest version of is version 8.2.3 and the it requires 4.4 to run it. If your Firestick runs on a higher android version than this, you have nothing to worry about.
😉Why sacrifice your privacy or an awesome user experience when you can have both? Meet Swipe, the best Facebook alternative - lightweight, highly customizable, and battery friendly, with a strict “no tracking” policy to ensure your privacy is secured.
It isn’t really a secret - the official app is bloated, slow, power hungry, and doesn’t have your privacy in mind. Many alternatives have tried, but surely, you’ve found most just lack in overall quality.
That’s why Swipe is your answer - with a robust day/night theming engine, Messages access built-in (Chat Heads included), customizable widget for your notifications and messages, as well as an ad blocker to filter out the noise, you’ll find lots to love.
🌈FACEBOOK & MESSENGER – CHAT HEADS INCLUDED
When you can have both for less than 5MB, the decision in 2014 to split the most popular social media app doesn’t really make much sense. Switching to Swipe saves you hundreds of MB on your phone, so that you can use the extra space saved for things that matter most.
As an added bonus, Swipe comes with Chat Heads too! Keep on chatting away with friends even when you’re using another app.
🔒BLOCK ADS, PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
No one likes them, and in Swipe, you don’t have to endure them! There are absolutely no advertisements from Swipe, and sponsored content from Facebook can be blocked as well. There’s also no tracking in Swipe - your connection is encrypted and any data you share goes directly to Facebook’s servers.
🎨THE BEST DAY/NIGHT THEMING ENGINE EVER!
Swipe’s theming engine is next-level. There’s just no comparison.
While theming isn’t new, you can now assign each theme element their own color (you can even put in hex codes). If tinkering isn’t for you, we have some beautiful preset ones we’re sure you’ll love!
You can even change how the app looks and feels – whether tabs are at the top or bottom, titles are centered or left-aligned, card or flat views, and whether to use the classic Floating Action Button or the modern swipe up Bottom Sheet Menu.
The icing on the cake is that you can set these separately for both the day and night themes, and themes can switch automatically in the morning and evening.
🎴WIDGETS LET NOTIFICATIONS LIVE AT HOME
Read your latest notifications and messages right on your home screen, without having to open the app. The widget is automatically updated as you use the app and when notifications are fetched.
Swipe’s Widget is just as customizable as the app itself, allowing you to pick just about any color your heart desires – or even make it transparent to let your wallpaper shine through!
🔔FULL CONTROL OF YOUR NOTIFICATIONS
Not only can you receive both notifications from Facebook and Messenger, but you can even set up quiet hours (when notifications shouldn’t come through) and filters (items you don’t want to be notified about).
🎬DISCREET PHOTO & VIDEO DOWNLOADS
Downloading photos and videos in Swipe is not only easy, it is more importantly discreet – without notifying the person or page about the download.
👀KEEP PRYING EYES AWAY WITH SECURITY LOCK
It isn’t uncommon to hand your phone to a friend or family member to show them a funny video or interesting photo. Keep your Facebook account safe from others by setting up Security Lock and requiring a PIN code or fingerprint to open the app.
There is much, much more that makes Swipe the best Facebook alternative out there, but I think it’s time to give it a spin yourself.
It’s better in every single way. You’ll feel it.
📧For feedback or bugs, feel free to drop by https://reddit.com/r/swipeforfacebook or email us at [email protected]
Disclaimer: Swipe for Facebook is an alternative app (client) and is no way sponsored, endorsed, or associated with Facebook. All logos, names, and trademarks are owned by their respective owners.